Tips for opening and then closing a hole in an apartment wall

I need to open a whole in my living room wall to pass some cables into my bedroom. The diameter needs to be wide enough to fit a VGA monitor cable.
Does anyone have any tips on how to open this and most importantly how to close it without leaving marks in my rental-apartment wall?
Thanks!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You may be able to put it behind the baseboards assuming they are good sized.
Patching any such hole will be a problem if you can't match the paint color tone and sheen.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
Alvarez,
Your landlord can advise you on acceptable methods to use on his property. Knocking holes in his walls without his permission would be a big mistake.
Dave M.

Drill a hold a bout 1/2" diameter, then enlarge it enough to fit the connector through. Using a sharp rod or long enough drill, push it straight through to mark the other side. Then enlarge that hole. Push a length of stiff wire or metal hanger through both holes, tape the cable to it, then pull through.
Patching will be fairly easy with some spackle. Do this in a corner just above the baseboard to make it less visible.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

side, insert a straight rigid something - skewers come in so handy, and I always have some in the kitchen. Stick the end of the cable onto the tip of the skewer and push it back through the wall.
I fished our cable through already existing in wall, through concrete block, into living room, by pushing narrow plastic tubing (rigid) through the wall, pushing cable into tubing, and then pushing the cable back through. Tubing holds it straight.
Norminn wrote:

Don't forget two wall plates to make it look pretty.
get a couple of cable tv boxes for coax and put those in the hole you make unless it is in a really odd place it will look fine.