Tips for lining painting bucket with garbage bag?

I've had some marginal success using a garbage bag to line a 5 gallon bucket that I use to paint from using a bucket screen and a roller. Clean-up is a snap, but sometimes the bag will get in the way of the roller a little. Twirling up the bag excess with my finger and taping it to the outside of the bucket helped. Right now I'm thinking about whether to spray water or soap water to the inside of the bucket to make the bag cling to the inside.
Any other ideas?
P.S. I've already tried using loops of tape between the bag and the bucket and I didn't like they way that worked.
mike wrote:

spatula (the kind for scraping bowls in the kitchen) - scrape the remaining paint out of your bucket, rinse with hot, soapy water. Finis.

After a long painting job, the paint dries on too much above a certain elevation in the bucket. Then next time, those remnants flake off into new paint. Not having to wash out a bucket is way too nice to go back. The method I have so far is easily better, I'm just trying to improve upon it.
Poke a hole in the bottom (or side) of the bucket and suck the air out with a hose. Got a "seal a meal"? Make sure you have something to plug the hole with though. Maybe use a big rubber band to seal the top of the bucket. Just let the extra bag hang down the side or cuff it before putting it in the bucket so its inside and stays clean until you are ready to close up.
Soapy water inside won't hurt and will prevent any paint overspill from sticking and drying.

Ooooh, that vacuum idea gave me another idea: I have a bucket lid that would really clamp the top of the bag off to hold a vacuum. Then, it'd just be a matter of cutting a giant hole in the lid so that only the outer ring remains. It'd be a re-usable bucket bag sealer.
Insert bag, pound ring over top, vacuum out air, plug/duct tape. Me likey!

Here's an update: I was going to try the bucket lid as a ring, but my lid was bit too tight, so I compromised:
I sprayed the inside of the bucket with a mist of water and inserted the bag. I used wide tape to tape most of the edge of the bag around the outside of the bucket after filling the bag with some water to simulate the paint. Then, I vacuumed out the excess air and taped the last bit up and used the bucket to paint. It worked like a charm. Maybe next time I'll experiment with using just the vacuum or a wet mist rather than both. It took me 3 minutes to make, and 0.25 minutes to clean up.
Thanks.
mike wrote:

smaller container and refill when needed. You can run a strip of foil around the rim of the larger bucket to keep it from getting loaded with paint. Washing a bucket doesn't seem worthy of such contemplation.

the bucket, and a big rubber band at top to make a seal, and pull a vacuum on the space between the bucket and the bag.
aem sends...
aemeijers wrote:

trash bag over the side and turn under the edge. Wrap a bungee cord around the rim. Don't know how you'll get the paint off the bungee cord, but we'll think of something :o)

Dont use a garbage bag, use a horse condom.