Tiolet problem

I realize this has been discussed here before but my case seems a little different in that both of the following happen to me:

When the washing machine drains the tiolet bubbles - and sometimes it fills up with water and sometimes it emptys almost completely.

Either a vent clog or a drain clog or both right?

The overfilling sounds like a clog and the draining seems like some type of siphoning effect due to a clogged vent.

These are the only appliances on this drain line (washing machine, tiolet, sink) all the way to just before the septic tank so other items in the house do not affect this.

Reply to
raymondj

Partially clogged drain. The wash M/C dumps a lot of water suddenly and overpowers the drain. The fact that the toilet empties could suggest that: a) the vent is clogged. b) the vent connection to the toilet was made improperly. c) the vent is filling with water during the drain flooding and thus can't prevent siphoning of the bowl.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I have this problem on occasion. I go to the septic tank and lift the intake baffle to allow the bunched up crud to flow into the tank. Grumpy

Reply to
Grumpy OM