Tiny Red LED inside my keyboard

Page 1 of 2

There's a tiny red LED inside my keyboard. I can see it in the crack next to the INSERT key. Why is tht there? I never noticed it till today and have used this keyboard for years.
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 00:20:08 -0600, Gerry Atrick wrote:

It's a component of the bug that the Department of Homeland Security installed when you were sleeping.

You shouldn't have told, now they will be looking for you.
RayV wrote:

Don't worry Homeland Security will take years to get back on that, they have more important things to check on like toothpaste.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
dont laugh a spy agency once imbedded software in on line printers so they could see what the USSR was up to.

There is software in copiers so the Secret Service knows what you are up to. (not making money). Your CD burner burns it's serial number on every CD you write. Your IP number gets tagged to evert pacfket you send on the internet. There ARE perople watching you
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The sad part is your and my tax money is going for all this stuff and it has such a volume that any real information gathered is lost in all the volume and all that money is wasted.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 14:38:50 -0500, "Joseph Meehan"

Be glad that you don't get all the government you pay for.
ATTN Joseph-I'm from Homeland Security and you are now on the no-fly list.

The sad part is your and my tax money is going for all this stuff and it has such a volume that any real information gathered is lost in all the volume and all that money is wasted.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

Then there's the "national debt". Who the **** do they owe this money to, and why hasn't this whatever-it-is cut them off by now?
snipped-for-privacy@all.invalid says...

In many cases, granny. Ever hear of a "T-Bill"?

You probably would kill your grandmother if you owed her a quarter.
--
Keith

The scary thing is a huge part of the debt is owned by countries we do not consider all that friendly to us. China might call the debt and settle for the state of California
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:11:18 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

So it's really other countries? I didn't now that.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Other countries own a tad over 25% of our bonds but the biggest "investor" is Social Security and they will come looking for their money in 2016 or so, assuming all the boomers do not decide to take their SS at 62. If that happens 2012 or 2013 is a better number..
On Feb 5, 11:45 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Here's a Reddit link I followed today: http://www.eff.org/Privacy/printers/docucolor /
I didn't read the whole thing, but it appears that this particular color laser printer (and maybe other printers as well) prints an almost invisible pattern of light yellow dots on every page that encodes the date, time, printer model, and printer serial number.
Big Brother indeed!
Jerry
On 5 Feb 2007 12:28:52 -0800, "jerry snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com"

Kind of makes you wonder what happens if you run the paper through about 5 different machines, doesn't it?

It takes them 5 times longer to find you...:)
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:54:21 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

Or makes it five times easier to figure out who you based on who had access to five machines instead of just one.
I guess the lesson is, if you are writing something you want to hide, use a printer cobbled up from an assortment of junk parts that can't be traced back to you (dumpster treasures collected over time) then immediately destroy it scattering the parts to the wind.
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 22:41:25 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 20:15:05 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@the.shoppe wrote:

Try to find a store without video cameras. It won't be easy, particulary an electronics store.