tinting tripane window

Hi, I have a south west facing window in my kitchen that really heats up in the afternoons. It's a tripane unit about 25 years old, seal intact. No other windows on the white stucco wall and the neighbour has white stucco too. Lots of reflected heat.
Can I put window tinting on it. I've looked at auto types and they are not recommended for residential use, but there appears to be types that are, Gila makes them http://www.gilafilms.com/home/home_film.html
Would they break the seal on the window by reflecting heat back into the sealed air space??
Any ideas or comments welcome. I am looking to stop my kitchen heating up so much.
Thanx,
Canadaloon
Canadaloon wrote:

I applied them on my W and S facing double pane sealed windows ~10 years ago when house was built. No problem noticed so far. I think the film was 3M product and I had someone do it for us. There was color and transparency choices. Tony
Canadaloon wrote:>Hi,

Work at your leisure!
25 yrs old it could fail tomorrow and not be the film. Today you can get windows of all varying degrees of solar heat gain and visible light transmitance rating. Go for film, but at 25 anything can happen regardless of film.

I suggest you look into a sunscreen product. You can remove it when not needed and it will block the sun and heat before it hits the glass.