Tinted windows?

I have a window that gets a lot of sun in the summer. Thus it gets hot in the room. The windows are double paned and really nice. Is there something I can do to tint/shade the window so I don't get all of that heat?

Reply to
Salad

Travis Jordan

Thank you for your useless suggestion. In school we always had a class clown. I guess you graduated to the Usenet class clown.

Reply to
Salad

I have double paned windows (not thermopane i.e not sealed) They have window tint applied and have been through 6 Florida summers. No problems here.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Hey, I like the reflective mylar that you can install yourself with a little practice, or have installed. OSH caries it in different widths. It comes in Bronz, Grey and silver, cuts ultraviolet about %70 and heat measurably. Did my double pane windows over ten years ago and it is still holding well. Just remember to be gentle when cleaning it as not to scratch, a squeegee is best with a little mild detergent. snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net

Reply to
wtb

I've used products from this company, they worked ok.

hth,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME