Tin corner pieces for masonite?

I've been doing the prep work for a repaint job on my house. It has masonite siding, and I've been replacing some of the masonite with hardiplank. Where the siding meets at a corner of the house, there are these little tin trim pieces that cover/seal/close the right angle corner. They are just a little taller than the individual siding slats, they have a lip on the bottom side that fits over the bottom of each of the two pieces being joined, and they have a little extra length at the top to slide up under the joint above so they can be lap nailed. What are these things called? Does anyone sell them anymore? A local supply store here said they haven't made them in 20 or so years and that I wouldn't be able to find them any more. What is a reasonable replacement? Hardiplank seems to use 2

1x4's to create a solid corner piece from bottom to top, but I'm only missing a couple of these little pieces so I don't want mismatching corners on my house and don't really want to create a 9 ft solution to a 13" problem.

I've also tried making my own out of some drip edge, but it didn't look very beautiful. Any help is greatly appreciated. A recap of my questions:

What are they called? Can you still get them anywhere? If they're not still available, what is a reasonable substitute/replacement?

Take out the REMOVEME to copy me on the response to the post, if you like. THANKS! snipped-for-privacy@austin.rr.com

Reply to
DB

substitute/replacement?

try an aluminum siding company or distributor. last time I needed them I found them at a local distributors warehouse. OR bend your own on a brake.

Reply to
Kitchens Inc.

substitute/replacement?

It seems that this company still makes them.

Perhaps you can track them down this way.

Reply to
Colbyt