Tin Ceiling info...

Thinking of doing a tin ceiling in my kitchen/dining room. The existing drywall ceiling is pretty flat so I'm considering a snap lock system from American Tin Ceiling:

Price wise it looks to be about $500-600 for the layout. I'm concerned about how a painted crown molding would look against the dull copper finish. I think the addition of the tin crown might be a bit over powering for my rooms.

Another option which looks promising is the Armstrong "faux" tin tile product. It's about 1/2 the price. I have to go find some though so I can see what the finish looks like. The website only show them as grayscale.

Either way, I'm not looking for a super shiny finish but more dulled. I like the idea of avoiding the razercuts to the hands treatment that comes with the real metal product. Anyone do such a project recently?

-- Bill

Reply to
Bill