Timer wall swtich with fluorescent lights

Do you think it is ok to use a timer wall switch with fluorescent lights if I never use the dimmer setting of the switch?
I have Intermatic Digi-set Programmable 24 hour Digital Wall Switch Timer with 4 on/off settings per day.
I wanted to install a fluorescent light on my kitchen ceiling, but the switch instructions say NO. I suspect this is because the wall switch has a dimmer setting, but I promise, I will never use it. Do you think this will work all right?
(The previous switch had a half intensity (or half-current) setting, and I tried it 2 or 3 times in 15 years for curiosity, and found it of no use.)
We had a compact fluorescent in a fan that had a dimmer switch (until I replaced it), and never had any problems with it. It simply didn't turn on unless you turned the dimmer all the way up. Sample size of 1, so it must be true...
-Kevin

Good enough for me.
Although I should have said that this is a full-size fluorescent. With two big U shaped bulbs. The whole fixture is about 2 feet square, and the bulb arms are almost 18 inches, I think.

mm wrote:

I would look for a timer switch without a dimmer. If the dimmer is separate, as I suspect, I would just wire around it so it is disconnected. You might not dim it, but who knows what someone else may do.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
accidently set to dim it can cause a fire by overheating...

As long as you have another place to live while your burnt down house is being rebuilt, your idea should be fine. In another discussion of timers & fluorescents, a number of people mentioned products from this company, and said they were pleased with them: http://www.aubetech.com/accueil.php?noLangue=2
Thanks to each of you.