Time to clean the deck

It's been a few years and I need to redo the deck. My plan is to power wash then apply....um.....something. Currently, I'm considering a product called "Restore" from Lowes. Basically it's thick paint which will seal in cracks, crevices, holes, etc. and last a long time. The downside is the amount of gallons I will need to do my entire deck which equals more money. Bottom line, my objective is to do as little upkeep as possible. I have far too many other upkeep projects around the house to do every year. I want something to that will last.

Anyone experience this product or suggest something else?

Thanks

Reply to
Meanie

Is this a typical pressure treated deck? If so, something like restore is probably best.

Alternatives is to replace the decking material with a low maintenance material. If you want wood, Ipe is a good one Many types of plastic decking available too. Cost a bit more up front, but once done, it will last a long time.

Last year I replaced my ugly PT decking with Tiger Wood from Advantage Lumber. It should outlast me with a little oil once in a while.

Ed Pawlowski

Yes.

That's what I'm thinking.

Thanks

Reply to
Meanie

I've read some reviews that the coverage is not as good as proclaimed on the box. Once they got started, it cost them a whole lot more than they expected.

Reply to
DerbyDad03