Time flies

This week is the 100th anniversary of the first American trans-continental telephone call.
On 1/24/2015 10:13 PM, micky wrote:

Amazing technology and quite an evolution to the phone capabilities we now have. Including the internet.

So true.
Except actually, they had the internet in 1915, but Bell Telephone bought it and destroyed it, in order to sell telephones.
On 1/24/2015 10:13 PM, micky wrote:

Now we get calls every day from Jagdish in India telling us there is something wrong with our Microsoft computer.

what they leave out of the history books: it was a telemarketer!
On 1/25/2015 9:12 AM, Pico Rico wrote:

Naah, it was from India, wanted to tell the west coast home owner that her abacus was sending beaded messages, and needed to be reset for a small onetime fee from her credit card.
It's difficult. First, you need a stop watch. The hardest problem is to get them to fly a measured lap without deviating. They just don't seem to care about your difficulty. Maybe it's just the local flies and they are more co-operative elsewhere.
On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 10:13:28 PM UTC-5, micky wrote:

I saw an article where it gave the cost of a call across the country back then. It was $400 in today's dollars for 3 mins.