Tiling question (Back Splash)

I am going to install new tile for my kitchen backsplash. I read the excerpt below from a how to website:
"When preparing new drywall, you do not need to tape the joints. Seal the walls first with a thin coat of adhesive."
I am using the green board drywall since it is a wet location. The "Seal the walls first with a thin coat of adhesive" is throwing me off. Does anyone know what they are talking about and why this would be necessary?
Thanks
|I am going to install new tile for my kitchen backsplash. I read the | excerpt below from a how to website: | | "When preparing new drywall, you do not need to tape the joints. Seal the | walls first with a thin coat of adhesive."
I do not agree with that statement seal the joint with joint compound or thinset I would never use adhesive directly on an unsealed wall. why? because it tends to soften the paper on the green board. if 1 tile pops.......you will have a mess.
smart man tell that to Retardo maybe he will understand what green board is used for. kitchens, bathrooms and basements