Tiling over Linoleum

Hello...I know I must scuff the surface of the linoleum prior to placing the thinset and tile on the surface but I read recently that I should apply a bonding agent, in fact two coats, on the linoleum prior to applying the thinset.

When I went to Home Depot today to get some bonding agent, they just looked at me with a puzzled look on their faces. Jasco makes a Adhesive Primer...is the the same stuff that I should apply?

TIA

LJ

Reply to
LJ

You read wrong. There is no need for a bonderizer in this application. Nor is scarifying the linoleum prior to the install required. Clean it with water/bleach. What is important is that the linoleum is not loose anywhere. Home Depot sells Custom's Products. They will have a modifed thinset.

Reply to
AnnG