tiling only two walls?

I'm remodeling a bathroom with a corner (neo angle) shower. I'll be tiling the corner shower up to the ceiling, and extending about 2 inches beyond the base.

I'm considering extending the tiling on one of those walls all the way to the corner of the room. This would essentially provide tile on the complete wall where the sink sits next to one side of the shower. Anyone ever seen a bathroom done this way? Will it look odd? Would it be better to do both walls completely? Or just end it just beyond the shower base as I had originally planned?

Thanks for your opinions.

Reply to
robenglander

you could take snapshots and sketch out this job in advance or just pick out your favorite tile colors and have fun. don't forget ventilation, heat, infrared lamp, radio, tv, medicine cabinet with dual side lights for shaving, power, cable, gfi outlets, mirrors, grab bars doubling as towel bars, magazine rack, comfortable washable rubberback rugs, night lighting.

Reply to
buffalobill

Thanks, that's really helpful

Reply to
robenglander

I just did a little renovation in my 6X5 master bath. Below are some pics. Sorry if they are out of order, but basically I removed all of the wallpaper and removed all of the mirror that was surrounding the medicine cabinet. The new medicine cabinet was wider and a little shorter , so I made the opening to the right size. But I also have a corner shower and the tile goes a little past the base on both walls( you cannot see the other wall, but it is similiar). I left the original mirror backsplash because it was still in good shape. I also changed the highhat above the shower to a light/fan combo. This is just to give you some ideas:

Mikepier

I've seen probably every variation on tiling a bathroom imaginable. Can you do the two walls? Sure, but without seeing the bathroom it's hard to tell whether it's a good idea or not. One of the things I like to do when I want to tile some of the room and not all of it is to run the tile halfway up the other walls, kind of like wainscotting. It ties the room together instead of the tile looking like it was just stuck onto a wall. It also gives you the opportunity to use a nice piece of trim tile as a chair rail and caps things off nicely.

RicodJour