Tiling Narrow Hallway

Hallway is 41 inches across. Using 12" tiles leaves very narrow tiles on each side, which everyone agrees looks bad. Using 6" tiles *might* enable me to use full tiles all the way across, but the consensus seems to be that the smaller tiles create a "busy" look.
Anyone have ideas on how to make the 12" tiles look better?
Thanks
Use the 12" tiles. Run a joint at center. A full and about an 8 1/2 border.
Run the tile on the 45, place diamond at center. Diagonal will be 17, 12" border. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

<<Use the 12" tiles. Run a joint at center. A full and about an 8 1/2 border.>>
<head slap> I had considered that layout at the very first, but rejected it to try to use full tiles. For some reason, I never looked at that option again after the unacceptability of the thin tiles was apparent.
That is the easiest solution.
<<Run the tile on the 45, place diamond at center. Diagonal will be 17, 12" border.>>
You mean like so:
http://www.boundvortex.com/images/tiles.png
Thank you.

This will use about 20% more material but will make the hall look wider.
The center line grout joint is also a acceptable option.
Greg Esres wrote:

Use the same color grout as the tile? Larger tile? We have 20" tile in very small "L" shaped hallway, continuous from adjoining dining room. Because the hallway is directly visible from entry, we had to use the tile layout that looked best in the dining room. It is less than two tiles wide in the hall and the grout line is not centered. I had to go look to see how it was laid out, as I just don't notice the grout line.
We have taupe color porc. tile that looks a bit like old stone. Grout same color. Nice floor that doesn't draw attention to the grout.