Tiling Narrow Hallway

Hallway is 41 inches across. Using 12" tiles leaves very narrow tiles on each side, which everyone agrees looks bad. Using 6" tiles *might* enable me to use full tiles all the way across, but the consensus seems to be that the smaller tiles create a "busy" look.

Anyone have ideas on how to make the 12" tiles look better?

Thanks

Reply to
Greg Esres

Use the 12" tiles. Run a joint at center. A full and about an 8

1/2 border.

Run the tile on the 45, place diamond at center. Diagonal will be

17, 12" border. ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG

This will use about 20% more material but will make the hall look wider.

The center line grout joint is also a acceptable option.

Reply to
Colbyt

You mean like so:

Thank you.

Reply to
Greg Esres

Use the same color grout as the tile? Larger tile? We have 20" tile in very small "L" shaped hallway, continuous from adjoining dining room. Because the hallway is directly visible from entry, we had to use the tile layout that looked best in the dining room. It is less than two tiles wide in the hall and the grout line is not centered. I had to go look to see how it was laid out, as I just don't notice the grout line.

We have taupe color porc. tile that looks a bit like old stone. Grout same color. Nice floor that doesn't draw attention to the grout.

Reply to
Norminn