Tiling Bathroom Floor

OK. I put down the self leveling compound yesterday and it went pretty well. I only needed the self leveling compound on 1/2 of the room because the floor had dropped on one side. So the floor is half compound and half plywood (2 layers). Do I put the ceramic tile directly on the plywood/compound or do I need to put down backer board first? If so, how would I attach the backer board to the compound side?

Your 1/4 backer board needs to be attached to 1 1/4" minimum of well secured flooring. One inch usually works if the joists are 16" OC. It can be nailed or screwed into place with one attacher in each of the dimples (hardiebacker product).
Laying up tile on a plywood substrate is an exercise in futility.
Colbyt

Will I need to pre-drill the screw holes thru the compound?
Will I need to pre-drill the screw holes thru the compound?
I don't think so. The leveling compound is generally not that dense.
If you encounter any problems use an undersized masonry bit.