Tilesetter prices in your area

Southern California: 700 sqft (16") for $ 2,400; including thinset, grout and light preparation. 3.42 sqft. One year ago.

I believe San Diego is a high cost area. EVERYTHING is expensive down here.

Reply to
Walter R.

What's the going rate for someone to set tile in your area? Flat concrete living area, 16" tile, everything paid for. Labor only.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Reply to
Oren

Home Depot wants (but I would not hire any of their installers under any circumstances) $4.40 per sf for same in St. George, Utah. Now, I know they're high.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

My 16X24 inch tile was set for a couple bucks per sq ft. Young English speaking person, age 22 or about with blonde hair. :))

At that time it was his fee - Las Vegas

Reply to
Oren

You don't know if they are high or not, as you apparently haven't looked into comparable services in the same area. Prices would reflect the cost of living in the area, but more importantly, supply and demand. If St. George is a high cost area, and there are only two tile setters in the whole state, the homedepot price could be low compared to the local competition. On the other hand, I would expect lower prices in China, or in some area where a lot of tile setters have retirement homes, but still want to keep their hands in.

Reply to
Not