Tilesetter prices in your area

What's the going rate for someone to set tile in your area? Flat concrete living area, 16" tile, everything paid for. Labor only.
Steve
Southern California: 700 sqft (16") for $ 2,400; including thinset, grout and light preparation. 3.42 sqft. One year ago.
I believe San Diego is a high cost area. EVERYTHING is expensive down here.
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Home Depot wants (but I would not hire any of their installers under any circumstances) $4.40 per sf for same in St. George, Utah. Now, I know they're high.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

You don't know if they are high or not, as you apparently haven't looked into comparable services in the same area. Prices would reflect the cost of living in the area, but more importantly, supply and demand. If St. George is a high cost area, and there are only two tile setters in the whole state, the homedepot price could be low compared to the local competition. On the other hand, I would expect lower prices in China, or in some area where a lot of tile setters have retirement homes, but still want to keep their hands in.

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 19:18:45 -0800, "SteveB"

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 19:18:45 -0800, "SteveB"

My 16X24 inch tile was set for a couple bucks per sq ft. Young English speaking person, age 22 or about with blonde hair. :))
At that time it was his fee - Las Vegas