Tile shower stall

Does one need to install cement board on the ceiling in a shower stall or just the 3 walls that get direct water?

It would be easier to install blueboard on the entire ceiling over the resilient channel. The shower stall is for my tenant below me and the ceiling will be tiled over.

Any info would be appreciated.

"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."

Reply to
Detector

You don't need cement board on the ceiling over a shower or tub. You can use either blue or greenboard however code calls for your ceiling joists to be spaced no greater than 12" o.c. when using green. Use screws.

Reply to
Jack Lime

Thanks for the info Jack

"There are three Arts which are concerned with all things: one which uses, another which makes, and a third which imitates them."

Reply to
Detector