Tile Saw Question

I got a large tile saw. The bed is about 24 , 36 inches, the blade, probably around ten inches. The depth of cut allows me to cut standard pavers, about the thickness of a brick, 2.5". My other one would not cut that deep.

I have a lot of right angle cuts to trim some that are just too long. I am also going to make a part of the path curved, so will need to cut some on the angle.

How does one hold the paver in place during sawing when it is at an angle? I can build an adjustable bevel miter out of steel, as I have a band saw and MIG and all that stuff. Is there a holder available that isn't expensive, or some simple way to do this that would be accurate and safe?

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

Don't know how your tile saw is laid out, but mine has a sliding table and fixed saw. Tile, pavers, and such aren't likely to bind and kick, so even freehand angles work (I use this for the circle-of-a-thousand-cuts method). Some tile saws I've seen have a fixed table and a sliding saw. These should work similarly. If you have a constant angle to make on many bricks, I'd just make the appropriate wedge out of wood.

Reply to
krw

I was thinking of you when I saw what this guy threw together to make compound cuts on bricks for a pizza oven-

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

My sliding table tile saw has two separate fixtures. An adjustable miter gauge like a table saw, and an aluminum wedge for bevel cuts. The wedge is not adjustable, it's just at a 45.

Reply to
DT