Tile roof: Concrete vs. Coated Metal

Hi, My house needs a reroofing job hopefully last one. Tried to Decide on one from both material. I have good experienced installer lined up who will do a good job. Looks like concrete will cost little less(~20%). Any comments from owners of either roof please. TIA,

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Concrete is heavy.

Reply to
Pat

I have concrete tile, like it fine but would have preferred clay tile.

Reply to
dadiOH

What is on the roof now. Can it hold concretes weight. Glaze fired Clay lasts hundreds of years, here, concrete roofs last 50-70 they are porus like any concrete and most have removed them and put up shingles, when I have walked on them I always break tiles not so with clay

Reply to
ransley