Tile on floor before cement is set/hardened OK?

I want to build 3" high cement base for my cabinet and wish to tile it as well. To save time can I put the tiles on the cement base before the cement is set/hardenend?
Thanks!
I would consider that a bad idea. Let the cement cure fully then use a thinset or there recommended material.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

Not to mention, even if this were theoretically possible, what are you going to stand, if you tried to do this? With a concrete slab already cured, you stand on it and do a section of the tile at at time. With a whole floor concrete pour, then what????
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net says...

Concrete base <> concrete floor.
--
Keith

I suspect, but I also thought of it the way you did, that he wants to tile that 3" high curb only.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit
a1esta writes:

If you have to ask this question, I'd be surprised if you could finish tiling something in that little time.

Thanks to all for the replies!
Guess I'll let the cement cured before laying the tiles. But I have another question. I have to use a sand cement mix (1:3 ratio, I think) as a mortar to bond the ceramic tiles right? The question is, if I have on hand much more cement than sand, would it be a problem? Is there any harm for having too much cement than sand in building a cement base or in a cement mortar?
Thanks again!