tile of fiberglass tub surround?

We recently bought a fiberglass tub to install in our bathroom. We planned on tiling the walls around the tub, but recently discovered that the tub we bought was meant to be used with a tub surround (The edge is not flat against the wall, but sticks out a bit where the surround would connect). Is it possible to use that tub and still tile the walls? How could we work around the top edge of the tub? The tub we bought is the sterling ensemble. Would it just be better to go with the tub surround?Thanks.

Reply to
casey