Tile Installation Question

I am in the process of finishing my basement. I am planning on installing tile in one corner of my relatively square basement, and carpeting the rest. My question is, how to I deal with baseboards as they relate to the tile and carpet. It seems simplest that I could install all the baseboards, then tile and carpet. Is this a feasible solution?
Thanks, AJ
Sure.
Basement is bone dry, right ? You may have issues with unlevel concrete so before anything check for level in the area where the certamic tile would go.
mieskola wrote:

After.
It looks odd seeing carpet a grout joint against the baseboard, makes it look cheap.

mieskola wrote:

Install the baseboards in the tiled areas after the tile is installed. It's far easier to do the tile that way. The baseboard in the carpeted areas can go in before or after.

Most of the carpet installers like the BB about 1/2" off the floor so that they can tuck the carpet under. In a basement I would install the tile, then the BB and keep it at the same level. That makes everyone happy and should look good.
Thanks for the advice everyone. The basement is in fact bone dry. I have never had moisture problems. I will take install the tile first, and then the baseboards, as recommended.
Colbyt wrote:

Thanks again for everyone's advice. Here is picture of my work, in case anyone is interested:
http://www.bookac.com/gallery/album/Tile/Dec102006_002.sized.jpg