Tile in the closet instead of carpet?

I'm going to have new carpet installed but I was wondering why I need carpet in the closet. The old carpet that came with the house was installed in the closet, as are most wall to wall carpeting jobs I've seen.

I'm going to tile the kitchen and bath floor, so was thinking I could just tile the closet floors also (myself). The tile would have high durability but low visibility so it wouldn't clash with the carpet.

I'm wondering also if I'll get a break on price because the installers won't have to cut the puzzle pieces for the carpet floor.

Reply to
hal

You can do that if you like, but I would not. I like the unified look and it is going to be easier to care if you have the same materials throughout. I doubt if you will get much if any price break. There are almost always enough scrap pieces left over to do the closets unless they are rather large.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

You don't. I've taken it out of two closest so far and will in the others as the carpet is replaced. Only time you see it is when the door is open and you may have some stuff stored there anyway. . Tile is easier to clean.

Don't expect much of a price break though.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Most people want carpet in a walk-in (clothes) closet.

Reply to
roger61611

ok thanks to all for the suggestions

Reply to