tile cutter

Can someone recommend a tile cutter for cutting ceramic tile. Not a saw but the manual type. I saw one at Canadain Tire and the brand name was "Richards". Thanks. Patt.

Reply to
Patt

Rent or buy a wet saw... you'll be much happier.

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

Agree-- and with them about $60-70 US including shipping on ebay it is barely worth renting even for a one time use.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

"Superior" brand.

Randy Calhoun

You and the other d*****ad "Jim" need to learn how to read and advise accordingly. For whatever reason the op said "NOT A SAW".

Reply to
Randy Calhoun

HD has selection. I also saw a nice looking diamond blade wet tile saw for under $200, made in USA. Seamus J. Wilson

Reply to
Sligo

Reply to
Sligo

Most are similar, and you get what you pay for.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran

You can do just fine with an inexpensive manual cutter. Practice on some old tiles or scraps and you'll soon get the hang of it. You score the tile, much like a sheet of glass, then break it. Works every time! The only problem is if you have to cut corners or small pieces. But I found I could manage those with a masonry cutting disk on my rotary saw and with a bench grinder. Theres also a little tile nipper but I never had any luck with that. Cutting is not the problem. Laying is. I've had success with small areas. But a few years ago we ripped up a whole kitchen floor I had done myself and had a pro redo it. It's not as easy as it seems over a big area.

ds

Reply to
Dick Smyth