Tile Color

Hello, I had to change the shower tray and hence the contractor had to remove the tiles above the shower tray.
I got the tiles from Lowe's. When the work is completed, I see a slight difference in the color of the tiles. Now, I am not sure what to do. At least I should have got some contrasting tiles but I think its too late for that. The contractor is asking $1000 for redoing the tiles from top to bottom. I am not sure what to do. Any advice is really appreciated.
Thanks, Steve.
Steve wrote:

Keep the shower door/curtain closed when company is coming over. $1000 seems awful steep for a retile job in a shower, unless he has to do the whole bath over to match.
Seriously, odds are nobody will notice unless you point it out, and if they do, so what? Houses have to be repaired from time to time, and you can't always get an exact match. If, when you sell, a buyer makes an issue over it, knock a couple hundred off the price. Otherwise, just live with it until it is time to do a gut job on the bathroom anyway.
(note that this is a good example of why, when building or remodeling, you should always keep any partial leftover boxes of tile or whatever stashed in a corner of the basement. They don't take up much room, and 20 years from now, you or the next owner may be real happy to have them.)
-- aem sends...
"aemeijers" wrote

AEM, that bears repeating!
Steve wrote:

A. Live with what you have
B. Spend $1000
--

dadiOH

You may consider removing one row of tiles between the old and the new and replacing them with decorative ones. And if you are handy, you could do it yourself.