tile - changing color via a newer process?

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@hardtops.com writes:

You must've missed the bit where I had the work done by Kott Koatings and am really happy with the results. :-)
But for others searching up this info later, I'm sure they'll appreciate the info. 8-)
-- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /
Todd H. writes:

Tile and glaze are made at thousands of degrees. No retrofit is going to involve that. You're looking at some kind of paint, perhaps epoxy based.
"Todd H." wrote:

These are almost (if not all) franchisee operations from a "veritable plethora" of outfits but all are variations of an epoxy or acrylic surface application. Better ones will do a good job of resurfacing the existing to get a good bond, others may simply hand sand a little and go...
I'm w/ the respondent who suggested first just putting it on the market unless it's really ugly or stained...you could always do it if it seems to be a stumbling block at that point. If you do, you'll probably have to disclose it in order to cya in case it starts failing after a sale in short order...