tighting chain on bike?

I have a Schwinn Airdyne, chain is loose on the side that drives the wheel,dose anybody know how to tighten it ,theirs a adjustment screw ,doesn't seem to do much.TIA
Tony Pacc wrote:

I was going to suggest you check the owner's manual until I checked it on line and found this useless information:
 Adjusting the drive chain or belt tension The drive chain and belt tension on your Airdyne bike have been factory adjusted. They should not require any immediate attention. If they need further adjustment at any point in time, contact your authorized Schwinn dealer.
Clearly they are not interested in helping you keep you Airdyne in good condition without buying their service. Sorry I could not be of any help.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
loosen the rear wheel and pull back on it. That should put more tension on the chain. If not get at link remover and take out a link. Ron

Ron wrote:

It is an air resistance stationary exercise bike.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

http://www.gympart.com/schematics/schwinn_airdyne_pedal_drive.pdf
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 11:42:24 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

Part 59 is a chain tensioner
snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

Looks like easy money. Loosen your axle nuts, tighten your adjusters evenly until your chain has a 3/8" deflection on one side, tighten your axle nuts.
Thanks alot guys,very helpful

The rear axle fits into a slot on the frame. Loosen the nuts, jamb a hammer handle between the tire and center frame post, tighten the nuts.
Phisherman wrote:

No "rear" axel on an exercise bike. :-)
--
Joseph Meehan