tighting chain on bike?

I have a Schwinn Airdyne, chain is loose on the side that drives the wheel,dose anybody know how to tighten it ,theirs a adjustment screw ,doesn't seem to do much.TIA

Reply to
Tony Pacc

I was going to suggest you check the owner's manual until I checked it on line and found this useless information:

 Adjusting the drive chain or belt tension The drive chain and belt tension on your Airdyne bike have been factory adjusted. They should not require any immediate attention. If they need further adjustment at any point in time, contact your authorized Schwinn dealer.

Clearly they are not interested in helping you keep you Airdyne in good condition without buying their service. Sorry I could not be of any help.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

It is an air resistance stationary exercise bike.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

tnom

Part 59 is a chain tensioner

Reply to
tnom

Looks like easy money. Loosen your axle nuts, tighten your adjusters evenly until your chain has a 3/8" deflection on one side, tighten your axle nuts.

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

Reply to
Tony Pacc

The rear axle fits into a slot on the frame. Loosen the nuts, jamb a hammer handle between the tire and center frame post, tighten the nuts.

Reply to
Phisherman

No "rear" axel on an exercise bike. :-)

Reply to