tidy vac wiring

My central vac is not working from any outlet. I posting here which led me to the problem. The wires are disconnected at the unit. There are 2 wires coming from the unit and there are 3 wires coming out of the wall. When I shot the wires on the unit the vacuumm starts. I tried to connect one of the 3 wires to the 2 wires from the unit but the vacuum run contniously and I see a blue spark in the unit.

How do I connect the wires? Thanks,

Praim snipped-for-privacy@cogeco.ca

Reply to
praim

It would appear you have a non-standard situation.

However could you be more precise? "3 wires coming out of the wall" what exactly does that mean? Low voltage? The only wires coming out of the wall? Coming out of the wall at a vacuum outlet? What exactly is the "unit?" Is it a vacuum outlet that is mounted on the wall and connected to a pipe and wires or is it the hose part you plug in the wall ????

Reply to
Joseph Meehan