throttle

I just bought a craftsman and I am only able to pull the throttle 1/2 way to be at full RPM if I squeeze the trigger all the way it dies how do you adjust it so I can pull it all the way.

You take a tool, and partially dissemble it.
Then, you repair it and put it back together. Use locktite on the screws.
On Saturday, February 7, 2015 at 8:27:09 PM UTC-6, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Take off your magic underwear...and put it over your head...and "think" this time.
Thanks but that doesn't tell me anything I already know to use tools and fix it I was wondering if it is the carb or trigger just didn't want to get into it without a little info
On Sat, 7 Feb 2015 19:48:13 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

If, as you say, "I already know to use tools and fix it," why are you asking us?

Ah, you didn't tell us anything either. Craftsman has their name on a lot of tools.
There are no dumb answers, only dumb questions.
On Saturday, February 7, 2015 at 11:58:12 PM UTC-6, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I emailed him...only reply, "it's a chainsaw"! You get nothing...you lose!
On 2/8/2015 8:42 AM, bob_villa wrote:

Pure genius... He sounds like the guy who brought the chainsaw back to the dealer complaining that it didn't work. Dealer fires it right up and the guy asks, "What's that noise?"
For our next question of the day... "I turned the knob and it didn't work. What's wrong?"

It's a button, not a knob. Push.
On Sunday, February 8, 2015 at 12:58:12 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Actually we have enough info to start. He said he "just bought a Craftsman". Doesn't matter what it is. If it's not working right, first logical thing to do is return it.
On Sunday, February 8, 2015 at 9:15:53 AM UTC-6, trader_4 wrote:

...and if it's used? What's the point if someone is not willing to give the information?
On Sunday, February 8, 2015 at 10:19:52 AM UTC-5, bob_villa wrote:

Yes, you have a point. I was thinking it was new, it might not be. Besides the lack of info, I'd say if you buy something used either:
A - Make sure it works right before you pay
B - Have agreement that you can take it back if it doesn't
C - Know how to fix it.
I provided good information based on what you said.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Craftsman what? Adjust cable length I guess.
Cooldad,
If your Craftsman is new then it's under warranty. Return it. As the others have pointed out "craftsman" makes lots of things so we have no idea what your tool is. Start over and try to be informative.
Dave M.

whatever it is, up to 11.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

Shouldn't the craftsman know what he is doing? You pulling his throttle didn't help. Can't you just ask him? Do you get him hot?
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*