Three way motion sensor switch

Hi,
I want to install a motion sensor wall plate switch by Cooper or Leviton. Some of their models can we incorporated in a three way electrical setup. The other switch would be a standard three way switch.
I want to know, how all this will work?
I assume if you pass in front of the switch, the lights will go on. Will it still do that is someone flips the other switch? Will the motion one be disabled?
If the light is switched on by the manual one, will the lights be turned off by the motion switch according to it's preset delay?
Regards, Nicolas
On Feb 7, 4:33 pm, " snipped-for-privacy@synergieinfo.qc.ca"

If the motion sensor switch is a 3 way switch as well I see no problem with it.
Just a suggestion . Where are you using the switch? I installed one in my garage and had a high failure rate of the wall switch type and its a %$#&*^ to get in the box. I installed a porcelain light socket and used a screw in motion sensor light near the entry door . It comes on as soon as the entry door moves or the garage door opens. Very happy with it stays on as long as you are moving around

I want to install this in a corridor that has a L shape. It would be place on a 45 degree wall in the corner. The manual light switch would be place at one end.
I want to know how this product performs in that kind of setup.
On 8 Feb 2007 08:31:45 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@synergieinfo.qc.ca"

That's what I have in my garage. It was a 3-way switch with one in the garage and the other inside. I replaced the one in the garage with a motion detector and used the other traveler as a way to bypass it from inside.
See also my other reply in this thread.
BTW, It doesn't get colder than about 40F in this garage, because of a heater I put in to keep plants from freezing.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Your motion detector could be benefiting from the heat of the bulb.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
On 7 Feb 2007 13:33:39 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@synergieinfo.qc.ca"

I have has a setup like that. You wire the second (manual) switch to bypass the motion sensor switch and turn the light on. Turning this OFF will start the timer. That is, that manual switch needs to be MOMENTARY (leaving it on would force the light to stay on and the motion detector couldn't do anything about it). You should be able to get a momentary pushbutton switch that fits on a wall plate.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Thanks for the answer. So from what I understand the manual switch simply overrides the motion detector switch.
That doesn't correspond with the setup I want. I want to avoid forgetting to close the lights. I'll put a simple circuit with the motion detector in the corner. It will do.

On 15 Feb 2007 11:35:52 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@synergieinfo.qc.ca"

Yes.
I don't know if all motion detectors will do this, but on mine the manual switch would cause the motion detector to turn on and start the timer.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
What is the make of your motion switch ?

On 19 Feb 2007 07:56:47 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@synergieinfo.qc.ca"

(sorry for the previous omission)
It's A Cooper Wiring Devices model 6109.
This model has 3 wires, but the third wire is ground (which doesn't have to be connected).
BTW, Something I'm looking for is one like this with a NEUTRAL wire.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Are you sure about that?
--
Regards,
On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:02:26 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Yes. I actually had 2 identical devices, one of which hasn't been installed. I was looking at it while writing that response. Most of the wiring in my house is old enough not to have ground. There would have been no place to connect that green wire.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
On 15 Feb 2007 11:35:52 -0800, " snipped-for-privacy@synergieinfo.qc.ca"

Unwanted alteration of sig being ignored.
If this was supposed to be a correction or addition, you could have told me that.