Three Way Dimmer switches

I've installed double throw/double pole switches many times.

But I've run into a little problem. These new slide dimmers say, only one of the switches can be a dimmer. I was hoping to be able to switch on and off AND control brightness level from both locations.

I just read the instructions again and the Lutron sheet clearly says

3-Way wiring Note: Only one dimmer can be used in a 3 way circuit.

So...how to I get around this? Is there a brand of 3 way dimmers/switch that does allow both to control brightness?

Please and thank you

Reply to
FireBrick

Not with standard devices. The load would be at reduced voltage from switch1, and switch2 has no way to change that, other than to further reduce voltage. You can use digital controls and do almost anything you want, though. Saw an article on recently on This Old House. Hang onto your wallet :>)

Bill

Reply to
bill allemann

Check out your options at:

or other sources. It is a hardware issue.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

This dimmer allows up to 10 dimming locations. I've seen it at the Home Depot

Ron

Sure - Lutron makes multi-location dimmers, as do others. About $35 each as I recall.

Travis Jordan