Three Way Dimmer switches

I've installed double throw/double pole switches many times.
But I've run into a little problem. These new slide dimmers say, only one of the switches can be a dimmer. I was hoping to be able to switch on and off AND control brightness level from both locations.
I just read the instructions again and the Lutron sheet clearly says 3-Way wiring Note: Only one dimmer can be used in a 3 way circuit.
So...how to I get around this? Is there a brand of 3 way dimmers/switch that does allow both to control brightness?
Please and thank you

Never stand between a fire hydrant and a dog.
Not with standard devices. The load would be at reduced voltage from switch1, and switch2 has no way to change that, other than to further reduce voltage. You can use digital controls and do almost anything you want, though. Saw an article on recently on This Old House. Hang onto your wallet :>)
Bill

FireBrick wrote:

Check out your options at:
http://www.smarthome.com/index.html
or other sources. It is a hardware issue.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
This dimmer allows up to 10 dimming locations. I've seen it at the Home Depot http://www.lutron.com/maestro /

FireBrick wrote:

Sure - Lutron makes multi-location dimmers, as do others. About $35 each as I recall.
http://www.lutron.com/products/Control_by_Type.pdf