Three-season porch deck tiling.......

Hi all,
I think I have this right..... did a lot of reading.... let me check with the experts...;-)
I have a 3-season porch (traditional roof, ceiling insulation, and 15 9-pane removable floor-to ceiling windows around the perimeter) When the house was built, it was a 16'x16' deck (apparently built to handle a jacuzzi, given the construction beneath, way more than a traditional deck: multiple 2x10 triple-joist beams and 4x4's, sunk). The last owner built the roof and wall/windows.
They had 3-season carpet, which I just pulled; the decking is a full 1" thick PT, covered by 1/4" luaun; joists are 16" oc. I plan on adding 1/2" Hardibacker 500, staggered at right angles to the joists. On top of that,12" ceramic tiles.
Since this is a 3-season porch, there is significant temperature fluctuation; from a low of -20F to a high of 110F (it DOES have glass all around), and there no insulation below; the deck is 7 feet off the ground, with an enclosed shed below, so the temps fluctate with the environment. (I am in Southern NH)
So....
Tips/Pointers/Risk factors?
I had done a fair amount of indoor tile, but this pseudo-exterior temperature-swing environment has me a little concerned..... Any guidance would be appreciated. Also, am I using the right material? (I could use 1/2" Wonderboard)
--Paul
[...]
Oops... a follow-up.... The top layer is not 1/4" luaun, it is 1/2" plywood.... so the total floor is 1" PT decking, covered by 1/2" plywood.
I will add 1/2" hardibacker...
--Paul

I recommend porcelain, the Hardibacker and that you check this: PEI ratings: http://www.floorstransformed.com/choosetile.html Delfection Limitations: http://www.ttmac.com/deflection_limitations.htm