Three prong to four prong Maytag

I need some help converting a three prong Maytag dryer to four prong. The dryer is about ten years old and has three pegs inside the dryer; the top peg has a yellow and black wire going to it, the middle one has a white wire going to it, and the bottom one has a blue wire going to it. There is also a screw on the back of the machine that says "neutral". My colors don't match up because the new wire I bought has a red, white, black, and green. Any ideas?

Reply to
StevieY

Check the "peg" with the white wire going to it. You will probably find a bare or green copper wire or strap that goes from that peg to the frame of the dryer. Remove that wire or strap and attach the supply white wire to that "peg". Attach the supply circuits green wire to the place were the other end of the bonding strap was attached. Attach the red and black to the other two "pegs". If you do not find the bonding strap or wire then stop and ask more questions.

-- Tom H

Reply to
Tom Horne

Can you buy or borrow and use a circuit tester? You need to check for ground/neutral/hot and wire it up correctly.

PJ

Reply to
PJx

Hi,

White middle, powers ( red or black ) on the outside and ground/green goes to the cabinet. This should help...

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff