Those new BLAST flush toilets?

Where do you get those new toilets that "Blast" the water out when you flush?

I have seen these in businesses. They look just like a regular toilet. I looked in one and there was a black round plastic compression tank inside.

Reply to
Bill

I found it....

They are called "Pressure Assist Toilets" or "Pressure Assisted Toilets"

This model looks like it has a remote control, but is just a sensor mounted on the wall...

Main page...

Bill

I think Bill knows there great, he was asking WHERE do you get them.

Reply to
LouR

This is Turtle.

you can buy these at any place that sells american standard toilets or plumbing supply warehouses. Also i have seen them at some of the big box stores like Lows or Home Depot. Here is a hint here. The Cost of the flush kits to convert it over and the cost of a new American Standard Flush assiste type toilet are about the same cost. now these prices was taken about 6 months ago and may have changed somewhat.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Just a WAG on my part, but maybe a plumbing supply house.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Kohler makes some models. So does Gerber. Just call dealers and ask them to order one. Gerber has a high water level and you might want to get their tall model. In fact Consumer Reports now recommends tall models although it might be a problem with young kids.

Reply to
Art

One advantage of these toilets, at least the ones with a Sloan valve, is that they detect back pressure and cannot overflow. If they feel backpressure they stop flushing instantly. Also mine are 8 years old and although I have 4 of them, I've only had to replace 1 small component in all that time. I would have gone thru many more parts with a gravity toilet by now.

Reply to
Art

How is the noise? The one we have at work lets everyone in the office know you took a dump.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I installed mine 15 years ago.

Reply to
tm

The Gerber which is newer is reasonably quiet. The Kohler is very noisy. But it could be that the new Sloan valves are quieter and with a newer valve the Kohler would be quieter. In any case check Consumer Reports at the library for their ratings.

Reply to
Art

It's usually the smell and the length of time the occupant stays that gives it away in our office. By the time you hear the flush, the jig is up...

Reply to
Steven