Those Dangerous Samsung Phones that start on fire....

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 17:53:40 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I can take about 200 photos on a pair of AA alkaline batteries, and I buy the cheap ones at the Dollar stores, which cost $1 to $2 for 4 of them. The camera is a Canon, about 5 years old.
400 photos for a dollar or two is cheap enough.
On Tue, 11 Oct 2016 22:46:47 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I have a couple Canon A400s that use AAs. I get the ones from Costco and they last quite a while. I keep a camera on the boat and one here for shooting miscellaneous pictures of stuff. My Panasonic DMC-ZS8 camera that uses a LiON battery will last a whole vacation and hundreds of pictures without a charge.
On 10/11/2016 11:01 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Batteries+ tried to rip me off for $50 too. Bought two (replaced wife's also) from Amazon for $19.
On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 22:35:12 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

The particular phone is a serious problem but I've had other Samsung phones for years. It is a battery problem, not a phone problem.
I have a half dozen Samsung products and they are all good quality.
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo writes:

Kinda dumb? What's your area of expertise, if any?
return phones to wherever you bought them for a full refund
Scott Lurndal posted for all of us...

NONE!
--
Tekkie

On Mon, 10 Oct 2016 22:35:12 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Very simple to dispose of them. Return to point of purchase for refund. Hitting with a hammer is likely to ensure they DO start on fire.

But that would be a CONTROLLED BURN :)
snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo Wed, 12 Oct 2016 02:50:26 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Er.. no, that would be a controlled ignition sequence. The burn comes after. [g]
--
Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you.
Benjamin Franklin
On 10/22/2016 3:08 PM, bob haller wrote:

Try eBay for things like that.

I've gotten batteries for my flip phone on ebay for $5 shipped. Otherwise I would have bought another phone, but probably just taken the battery from the new phone, because to change phones means I have to retype around 250 contacts. Not to mention the activation hassle. I have yet to find a way to use the built in bluetooth to transfer contacts, however I had a young guy look at it and he said I "might" be able to transfer them one at a time. but there is no way to transfer pictures (wallpapers), sounds, or ringtones. The sounds are no biggie, and the pictures are saved from the internet (no camera), but it's still many hours of work to set up a new phone.
That is the one advantage to smartphones, you can just transfer all the data using a mini-SD card. I just saw someone do that, and the phones were not the same brand.
But a smartphone would cost me 3 or 4 times as much as I pay now (per month), and I dont need any of the other features. Nor do I want to try to learn how to use it. I like 'simple'.