Thompsons water seal question

I bought a new 5 gal. pail of Thompsons the other day to finish my deck, I opened it up and its milky! What gives my other (older) single gal is clear fluid. The look of the pail is the same but the product seems to have changed. Any ideas on this. I don't like the milky product, I tested it on a concrete section of my patio and it is now blotchy. Yet a section of the patio done with the older pail looks fine.
Searcher
Shopdog wrote:

Thompson's makes about a dozen different deck-seal products.
Which one do you have?
I thought it was the old original style, its the one for all surfaces with no pigment
Searcher
Shopdog wrote:

Instead of guessing, why don't you go look at the two containers and post what it says on each label.
It's difficult to help you without more information.
Because of the milky appearance you mentioned, it's possible that the new stuff you bought is water-based whereas the old is oil-based. But that is just a guess. Post the label information.