This Old [millionaires] House

Page 4 of 4

Which show is that?
DerbyDad03 wrote:

entertainment. I haven't seen it for some time and don't know if it is still on. I didn't know about the show and my buddy mentioned he watched it for a laugh. It would open with both of them in "their house" on Saturday exclaiming something like it would be nice to have a deck. And then 1-2-3 there was a multi-tier wrap around deck finished by Sunday night.

I think you're talking about Hometime,
On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 08:44:29 -0700, "Bill"

I've felt that way for the last 10 years. In fact I used to enjoy those shows but rarely watch them anymore. They are not suited to the average home owner/repair. Heck, when my furnace breaks down, I get out my tools and fix it myself. I dont replace the whole thing and have some company do all the work too. I am older and I lived in the days when everyone had to struggle to get by. These days I still struggle like most people, but these shows are designed for the upper crust crowd only. I am all for recycling, and these shows are so wasteful too. I recall one of them where they took an old house, gutted it, and tore down half of it too. In the end, all that remained of the house was the frame, and only half the house. And the original house was much nicer than mine. Whats the point of that. Why not leave someone live in the old house and just build a new one. On that same show they tore down a nearly new 2 car garage and just destroyed it. I would have died to own that garage, but for the millionaire crowd, it had to be a 4 car, and be attached to the house. Dumb dumb dumb....
clipped

As my county assessor likes to say, "more money than brains". During the land rush around these parts, loads of waterfront homes - perfectly good - have been torn up to replace with McMansions. The McMansions all have the same architectural quality - one of every kind of window and decorative element from the catalog. They cover every inch of buildable space on the lot, dwarf neighboring homes, and are rarely occupied. One huge condo complex, built during the hottest time of the land rush, is almost totally dark at night - maybe three or four units with lights on. Investors, living elsewhere.