"This Old House" tip. ???

I pull, then follow with a wet finger. Also, toilet paper goes over the top. I don't have real strong opinions about either, just works best for me.

Tom

//But I will flip the toilet paper roll over if it's "wr>I think you've opened the big one. Like Ann Landers, and the question

Reply to
Tom Duller

The answer to the toilet paper question is that the toilet paper comes over the top, not from behind. If it comes from behind, the toilet paper lays against the wall, even when you roll it out to get at the end. It makes it harder to grasp, and forces you to touch the wall in many cases. At the very least, it makes the toilet paper touch the wall. If this is in a public restroom, you never know what was on the wall, and that toilet paper is going to touch some very sensitive anatomical structures. If there is any dampness on the wall, the toilet paper sticks. People who argue that it should go from behind have no good argument for their case. Anyone who puts the toilet paper on to roll from behind should be jailed, caned, beaten, and perhaps given the death penalty. And put near a red ant hill covered in honey.

Not that I have strong feelings on the matter...

As for the caulk, I typically pull, use the wet finger, and follow woth a well-rung sponge. I am going to try the Windex. I think I read that in some tip book once as well, and I forgot about it. Thanks to the guy who reminded me.

Reply to
celticsoc