This is the most useful

I moderate misc.taxes.moderated, a professional tax forum open to the general public. Plus I read all the traffic on six other unrelated newsgroups and all the additions and changes to four unrelated websites.
IM(rarely)HO, alt home.repair is the most useful day-to-day newsgroup available. I am exuberient that I stumbled in here. My only regrets are (1) the volume is so high that I can't read every and (2) for the first time I have created an NG "kill file" due to racist trash.
My Mother's Day project was replacing the piping under the kitchen sink. After reading alt home.repair for less than a week, I knew that the kit from Home Depot was a replacement kit and I needed two additional nut/washer sets because it was a first time PVC install. Saved me a trip.
My HD in Ellicott City, Maryland is staffed with very knowledgeable people who are exceptionally helpful.
Thank all of you for contributing here.
Dick
On Mon, 15 May 2006 01:24:46 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@smart.net (Dick Adams) wrote:

The racist trash was a project one of the readers here had that didn't go too well. He had a over-cooling refrigerator and while asking how to fix it here, he found that someone not too far away had a clogged septic tank. They got together, figuring they could help each other out, and somehow a cold-blooded piece of sewage escaped and a few years later started posting here. The original two posters haven't been heard from.

I've been to that store. Probably didn't need help that day so I didn't notice. But I'll go back. Do you mean Rte. 40 west of Rte. 29?

Dick Adams wrote:

Thanks - I try and post helpful responses because I often look for advice here as well. give and take. So - browse here and offer some advice based on your past experiences from time to time. We get, IMO, too many how do I do this or that. The OP gets a great response from someone or many people then never comments back. I'm not sure if they ever read the responses sometimes. (Are they just expecting them in their e-mail?)
Anyway - Thanks for the encouragement.
FWIW When I first started, and a question got a lot of replies, I'd reply to each one, which became time-consuming and often seemed a bit silly, what with me trying to say something to everybody. I could understand where somebody could just give up.
These days, FBOW, I reply to my original post with appropriate thanks and comments to those who replied.
If there are better suggestions, well, I'm open to 'em.

It is a very useful newgroup, but I have found MTM pretty good also.

<snip> .
Sorry to be thick, Toller, but what is MTM. I'm assuming a newsgroup.

Mentioned by O.P. - misc.taxes.moderated
Bob

Like I said, Bob, sorry for being thick. Thanks!