This has become a very Scary World to live in.

Page 2 of 2

I can't tell which of the above parts are sarcastic. Maybe you meant them to be but they aren't? Maybe you didn't but they are? Maybe I've taken too many hallucinogenics. I'm off to sleep.
--
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish

That makes more mess, not less.
--
Women are like small children. You bring a new one home and the ones already there resent it.

On 18/04/2016 10:56, Mr Macaw wrote:

That has to be a good thing, Shirley! It's a good excuse to practice washing it more. Remember!.......... practice makes perfect ;-)
--
Bod

On 4/13/2016 11:20 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

It is a funny commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrLdA3AlnBE

Yes, it is funny !!! You kind of wonder who writes those commercials and what kind of drugs they take.... :)
On 4/15/2016 6:43 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

The biggest cost of new drug development used to be R&D but now it is advertising. They need to make a bundle selling it before the patent expires. Myrbetriq is about $5/pill.

What is R&D ?
I fail to understand the purpose of advertising prescribed meds. Do people actually go to their doctors and tell them what drugs they want, based on commercials? I'd think most doctors would not prescribe the stuff anyhow, unless the patient needs it.
When I go to the doctor, I let the doctor determine what I need. Then I ask the doctor if I really need it, or if it's just to cover up pain or symptoms, because I am not one to take drugs unless they are absolutely necessary. Generally the side efffects are worse than the illness anyhow.
And if you listen to all the side effects in those commercials, I'd not even want the stuff.
--
If you or a loved one died as a result of this drug, call
1-800-xxxx-xxx. So, make sure you have a phone in your coffin!
On 4/16/2016 2:23 AM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

R&D is research and development.
It is the work to discover the drug and test it including field trials. Then there is the huge effort to get FDA approval. It literally takes a room full of documentation.
Even if a drug has been approved for medical use in 50 other countries which even include areas that are tough to get approval like Japan and EU, it must go through the same intensive process at the FDA.
With only a few years left on the patent the drug companies advertise heavily to make money during that period. I've been to the doctors where there are more drug salesmen in the waiting room than patients.
Might mention that it takes about three years to get a generic drug through the FDA and this benefits the original drug company.
On Saturday, April 16, 2016 at 7:41:33 AM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

as well it should since often bad side effects are uncovered.......
On 4/16/2016 8:05 AM, bob haller wrote:

Even former FDA commissioner said 3 years to approve generic drugs is too long. It is strictly for the profitability of the brand drug manufacturer.
Unfortunately sometimes it takes large scale use to find some side effects. Same reason I prefer not to buy a new model car as defects may not be discovered until later.
I only know of one case, fen-phen, where side effects were covered up by drug manufacturer. They paid dearly.
On 4/16/2016 1:58 PM, Frank wrote:

Also, thalidomide was a bit of a problem.
On 4/16/2016 4:04 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Not sure a cover-up was involved with thalidomide but FDA keeps bringing up 60 year+ old example as why they must be so vigilant.
On 4/16/2016 7:09 PM, Frank wrote:

Got to have some thing to point at. Kind of like in the book Animal Farm, where the pig, Squealer, kept saying "surely you don't want Jones to come back!". And as he pranced back and forth, his curled tail wagging in the most convincing manner. One at a time, the animals agreed with him until the matter was settled.
Surely, you don't want another thalidomide event, Frank? (As stumbling Mormon slammed clumsily from wall to wall).
--
.
Christopher A. Young

It's called a wallet biopsy,,,
--
Tekkie

PaintedCow wrote: "What it is, are bladders. We now have human bladders with arms, legs, and big blue eyes that stare at people, and drag people around by their hands and force them to go to public restrooms. And God only knows what "
Is this a reference to that bladder control commercial? :D

Particularly America.
--
Mary had a little lamb,
unfortunately it's dead.