This couldn't be a load bearing wall, could it?

I want to expand my basement workshop. The first floor is joists running from front to back, with a steel beam and steel posts running down the center, the length of the house. Is is fair to assume that all the walls in the basement are just partitions? The one is particular that I want to remove is parallel to the joists (I am not going near the steel beam), and not particulary solid looking anyhow.
Obviously I don't know much about carpentry, but think I can handle two partition wall. Thanks.
Toller wrote:

Never assume.

Based upon your description, the one in particular is most likely a partition wall.

partitions?
am
anything special on the floor above (like a bathtub)? is your house a one story ranch?
Longshot wrote:

If the walls are parallel w/o joists on them it wouldn't matter if there was an elephant living on the floor above.

did anyone say there weren't joints on the walls?
Longshot wrote:

what 'joints' are you referring to? subfloor joints that may land on a row of blocking? if so, the blocks are aniled between the joists. if one is toenailed to a partition wall it's a simple matter to cut the nails and move on.

Two story house. No, the wall in question runs under the eating part of the kitchen. Our meal are all THAT big.
Toller wrote:

Do you have a joist running on top of that wall the same direction as the wall? Maybe that's the possible joint the other guy is referring to.

yes, the wall header is nailed to a joist for the whole length. (I always thought load bearing walls go perpendicular to the joists; but what do I know)