Thirteen-lined ground squirrels

The population in my back yard has exploded. I live in northern Illinois, and I they they are hibernating now.

Should I run a hose out there and try to drown them, or will they just wake up and run away?

And out of curiousity, when they burrow, do they carry the dirt away and deposit it in the same location? I found a mysterious pile of dirt in the yard.

Reply to
Mitch

Wait until they wake up and shoot them.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Hit 'em at dawn before the bastards expect it.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Careful! w_tom is going to jump in about his philosophy / religion about using 13 EGCs for earthing squirrels.

Reply to
M Q

Squirrels don't hibernate and they don't dug holes. They build nests high in the trees and hide food in various locations for winter food. That's why some folks call them "tree rats."

Reply to
Phisherman

Go get some rat traps and bait the traps with good gooey peanut butter... no they don't need JIF, any cheap stuff will do!

Reply to
Bumpy

It's a kind of chipmunk.

Reply to
HeyBub

Think cat.

Reply to
HeyBub

M Q

You need "The Rodenator"!

Video

Main Site

Seriously, Use a rat trap, bait it with sunflower seeds.

-dickm

Reply to
dicko