Thirteen-lined ground squirrels

The population in my back yard has exploded. I live in northern Illinois, and I they they are hibernating now.
Should I run a hose out there and try to drown them, or will they just wake up and run away?
And out of curiousity, when they burrow, do they carry the dirt away and deposit it in the same location? I found a mysterious pile of dirt in the yard.
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:21:02 +0000, Mitch wrote:

Wait until they wake up and shoot them.
Meat Plow wrote:

Hit 'em at dawn before the bastards expect it.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com
Mitch@... wrote:

Careful! w_tom is going to jump in about his philosophy / religion about using 13 EGCs for earthing squirrels.
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:21:02 GMT, Mitch@... wrote:

Squirrels don't hibernate and they don't dug holes. They build nests high in the trees and hide food in various locations for winter food. That's why some folks call them "tree rats."
Phisherman wrote:

It's a kind of chipmunk.
Go get some rat traps and bait the traps with good gooey peanut butter... no they don't need JIF, any cheap stuff will do!
Mitch@... wrote:

Think cat.
Mitch@... wrote:

http://icwdm.org/handbook/rodents/13linedgroundsquirrel.asp

You need "The Rodenator"!
Video http://www.rodenator.com/media/edmeyerpromo.avi
Main Site http://www.rodenator.com /
Seriously, Use a rat trap, bait it with sunflower seeds.
-dickm