thinset could be used in place of top and bond?

Do you think thinset could be used in place of top and bond? I have an open bag more the three quarters full. It is left over from a recent project. I need to level out a floor area and was going to use up this thinset. I would guess it has good properties for thickness of less than 3/8 inch. Thinset is only a third of the price of top bond or floor leveler. If this works, maybe Ill switch to thinset for other leveling jobs.
TP
I called the manufacturer recently and asked them this same question, and they said no. I mentioned that the mixture is cement based so I didn't understand why the extra thickness was a problem. The tech person had no explanation, so I really found out nothing from them.
Bill