thinset color and marble tile

Hello, I am tiling my floor with marble tile this weekend and picked up a

50lb bag of Mapei ultraflex rx thinset grey color. I have heard that you should use white thinset with marble. Is the grey thinset okay or should I go with white? The marble tile is mainly white. regards Steve
Reply to
Steve W.

the gray is fine as long as you like gray edges to your white marble tiles. it can stain, so that's why they state on the package to use white thinset. why would you think they put that on the package if they didn't mean it?

Reply to
charlie

It doesn't state anything on the package. It just says that the thinset is grey. Guess i'll go with white from another store because they didn't have any white thinset specifically for marble at the store i bought it from.

Reply to
Steve W.