Thinking of using Benjamin Moore, but...

Page 2 of 2

I needed some color for trim pieces. Two of those little jars did my entire project of six frames. While not cheap figuring the cost per gallon, total cash outlay was far less than buying a quart, the smallest custom color they will do. Oh, I used a small brush right from the jar.

The paint chips are too small to be able to visualize well how the will look on a larger area, how the color will look on the particular texture one has (or lack thereof), how the color will look in shadows on part of it and various times of the day.
Like Edwin, I've also used them for really small projects. You just don't have to use a big brush.
Banty