Thinking of Re-Staining My Deck.. Question

About half of the old stain has worn off. Not sure if I have the time to pressure wash all of the old stain off. If I use the same color, will it blend in with the old stain, or will it just look bad?
snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com says...

You'll need to pressure wash to get the loose stuff off. It's that or scrape and sand. You won't get *all* of the old finish off, though--just the loose bits.
The same color should do fine, as long as there's not too big a color difference between the wood that has turned gray because the finish flaked off last year and the wood that's newly bare because of pressure washing. If there's a big difference, look into the deck bleaching chemicals.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

I'd say closer to opaque.
Is it top rated by Consumer Reports Cabots? I regret putting that on my deck. Sure it lasts longer but how do you get it off to re do it? Can't sand because the wood has arsenic or other wonderful stuff in it. My answer is I plan to take down the deck.

I'd say closer to opaque.