Things to do before leaving for vacation

Page 2 of 2

Ever been to St. Louis?

Propylene glycol is not Ethylene glycol.
They put propylene glycol in tooth paste.
On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 12:34:30 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

We have an unused rest room at work and it would dry up every couple of months. I poured coking oil in it and it has been that way for about a year now.

Doesn't it go rancid?

The waterless urinals work because they have some kind of oil in the trap.
--
Best regards
Han
On 8/4/2012 3:52 PM, HeyBub wrote:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/improvement/security/7-things-to-do-before-you-leave-for-vacation?click=pp#slide-7
I see nothing about having mail held, and garbage collection and news papers stopped or lawn maintenance. Lack of doing these things lets the thieves know you are away. For extended stay you need to have someone check your home. Heard of a guy whose furnace malfunctioned and HVAC guy said it was the dirtiest house he had ever seen due to the soot.
On Monday, August 6, 2012 7:35:43 PM UTC-4, Frank wrote:

Not to mention telling your neighbors you are going away. Worked with someone several years ago whose house was emptied while they were away. The thieves put a Ryder truck in the driveway for two days, day three they came back and broke in and took everything: furniture, jewelry, clothing, the couples' classic (and very expensive) oboes and bassoons, the food in the 'fridge, even the cars in the driveway (they left spare keys on a hook in the kitchen). The only thing they left was an empty frozen pizza box and the cookie sheet they'd heated the pizza on.
The neighbors never suspected a thingthey told my coworker later "Oh, we thought maybe you were moving to a smaller house since your kids had graduated from school"