Thing stuck in toilet

Theres a thing stuck in my toilet. I want to take a picture of it down in the base of the toilet which is under water. I want to use a digital camera. Are there any of them that are waterproof? I already tried my 35mm camera and it got stuck in the toilet causing me to remove the toilet and flip it over to get the camera out. The camera was ruined too. What can I use? By the way. I'd like to get the picture while the toilet is flushing.
You need to do a Google on "commoda-vision".
You may also want to see about getting one of those new medical cameras used to diagnose bowel problems. They're very small and you swallow it. Normally it sends images back to the doctor as it travels thru your innards, but in your case you could time it so it begins sending images just as your about to ....should we say...."eject it".
Normally, pictures are not allowed on these text newsgroups, but perhaps 1 or 2 small ones showing your success would be okie dokie.

Idiots like this make us all look so damn smart.
On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 06:22:01 -0500, # snipped-for-privacy@footballs.com wrote:

I lost my dear husband a couple of months ago and have been depressed every since ....up until today...reading these replies have me laughing so hard...it has helped...thank you all, k

"kay7777@post to group" wrote:

Sorry for your loss. He didn't happen to fall down a toilet..?
Just stick your head down into the toilet with a disposable camera. Snap the picture and take it to be developed real fast.

# snipped-for-privacy@footballs.com wrote:

What you need to do is go to <http://www.bumperdumper.com/ and put one of his products right above your own toilet seat. Then you can work on your problem from underneath.
Do a charcoal drawing instead.

Why not watercolor? (ba-bam...cymbal crash!)

Nah, it'd look kinda shitty.
(Sorry to drop to such depths. )
-- Todd H. http://www.toddh.net /

How come nobody thought of see through (i.e. glass) toilet? Just install one, take the stuck object out of the old toilet and stuck it in the new one. Then you can easily take photos.
# snipped-for-privacy@footballs.com wrote:

You didn't give many details about the thing. It would simplify things a lot if the thing is able to assist in taking its own picture. Anyway you might use a camera with a self timer. A macro lens would probably be helpful, as conditions are typically very cramped inside toilet drains. If you want the picture during flushing you will definitely need a waterproof camera, otherwise maybe you can package an ordinary camera inside a food-storage bag. You would tie the package or the waterproof camera to a string and flush it down so that the thing can receive it. A picture during flushing would entail that the thing shout "Now!" or signal you in some other way when the camera is about to go off.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info