Thin Set

This stuff is driving me crazy! I can't level it out as it sticks to the trowel. I'm trying to smooth out some floors with it. Is there any way I can get it to stop sticking to the trowel and get a smooth surface? Thanks.

Mike D.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

I am no expert, but just finished my first tiling project ever...had similar problem and was advised to put "skim coat" of thin set.....you can not get it real good, but you can get close... when dry take a brick and work it back and forth to level better.....worked well for me...got answers from johnbridge.com forums.

Reply to
brainless

Thin set which isn't sticky wouldn't do much good, as it is made to bond tile down.

Not a good choice for leveling a floor. Get some floor leveler instead.

JK

Reply to
Big_Jake

I don't understand your task but you could try dipping it in a bucket of water. Keep it clean and wet, see how that works. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

If you're trying to level areas use self-leveling cement. If you're trying to set tile with thinset use a notched trowel.

Boden

Reply to
Boden